I was in the shopping mall this morning and stopped by a bed and bath store. The music in the background was playing Christmas songs, which did set me in the merry mood for this time of year, however, the CD/tape/record suddenly got stuck playing one of my least favorite songs, “I Saw Mommie Kissing Santa Claus” too many times that I had to leave the store. Which brings me to this article. My most hated Christmas songs (not in any order):
- The obvious as of today “Mommie….
- Chipmunk – Yikes –Alvin = migraine
- Anything by Elvis (sorry fans)
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- Santa Baby
- Feliz Navidad
- The Little Drummer Boy
I’ll probably think of more and add to here.
I’m just not an enormous fan of festive music, so my very limited favorites are:
- Bing singing – White Christmas
- Silent Night
- Older singers from the ‘50’s, ‘60’s music